What is Jota?
Jota mimics the appearance of the well known X11 application xclipboard. Recently I used xclipboard to store notes and todos on my (ctwm-driven) desktop. But xclipboard lacks some important feature like
- saving its content in one step plus exporting and importing various formats.
- easy configuration, instead of mangling with X ressources
- jumping to and rearranging pages
- non-text pages like drawings and voice notes
Because of this reasons and because X11 widgets simply look ugly, I rewrote the program from scratch using modern programming environments like Ruby, GTK+ and libglade. The result Jota.
As a side effect the resulting program is quite platform independent. It runs everywhere, where Ruby and GTK+ are available.
Current version is 0.9.0
Installation instructions, useful if this is your first contact to Ruby.
- more control over page sequence, tear off pages, sections, ...
- mixture of text, drawings and images
- save pages to database, webserver, plain file
- Android and CGI version